- General Development
- Schema Development
- Apex Code Development
- Visualforce Development
- Formulas & Validation Rules
- Force.com Sites & Site.com
- Chatter Development
- Java Development
- .NET Development
- Perl, PHP, Python & Ruby
- Desktop Integration
- APIs and Integrations
- Visual Workflow
- Apple, Mac and OS X
- VB and Office Development
- AppExchange Directory & Packaging
- Salesforce Labs & Open Source Projects
- Other Salesforce Applications
- Jobs Board
09-01-2010 01:42 PM
hi to evevryone,
in an organization we send 1000 email in a day,
if i send morethan 1000 emails in a day, how it will work?,
those mails will queue to next day or those mails will delete????
09-01-2010 02:01 PM
I believe the limit is 1000emails per/day per user. Hence if you have 10 users you email Quota is 10,000 email in 24 hours period. Yes, the emails will queue up if you have more than 1000 emails that are sent per day. Also there is different limit for bulk emails. I would recommend using Exact Target or Vertical Response if you have such a volume.
09-02-2010 09:40 AM
There are a number of limits in place around emails.
- Mass email limit -you can send per default 1,000 emails per day/per org to Leads or Contacts, you can send as many as you want to Users. This count both in the UI and in the API
- Single email API - this are rate limited at 1,000 per day/ per org - this is only if you are using the API to send them, again if you send to UserID's you can send as many as you want
- Emails send from Contacts, Leads or Case pages in the app - you can send as many individual emails from those pages as you want.