- General Development
- Schema Development
- Apex Code Development
- Visualforce Development
- Formulas & Validation Rules
- Force.com Sites & Site.com
- Chatter Development
- Java Development
- .NET Development
- Perl, PHP, Python & Ruby
- Desktop Integration
- APIs and Integrations
- Visual Workflow
- Apple, Mac and OS X
- VB and Office Development
- AppExchange Directory & Packaging
- Salesforce Labs & Open Source Projects
- Other Salesforce Applications
- Jobs Board
12-20-2012 01:15 AM
What I'd like to do is rather simple, I imagine, but I do not know how to do it.
In our sales process we have "sell-ups" or opportunities that are a direct result of a previous opportunity. I've created a related relationship so-to-speak for sell-ups to its original opportunity.
For a user to create a "sell-up" they go
1. Go to the original opportunity
2. in the related list section, they hover over "Sell-up" and click Create New Sell-up Button
I need this button, when clicked, to open a record that will have some information already populated from the original opportunity such as Account Name, and Opportunity Type. Once I know how to do one or two fields, I can probably figure out the rest.
Thanks a Million!
12-20-2012 03:28 AM
Yes you can do this for this you need to follow the below steps.
- Create new VF page with standred controller Opportunity.
- Add your bussiness logic to populate the info of orignal opportunity.
- Now click Setup-->Customize-->Opportunity-->Buttons and Links
- In Standred button and links click edit of "New" button.
- Now select Override With, from it select above created VF page (from step 1) and click to save.
Now your new button is overriderd with your custom VF page.
I hope it will help to you.