- General Development
- Schema Development
- Apex Code Development
- Visualforce Development
- Formulas & Validation Rules
- Force.com Sites & Site.com
- Chatter Development
- Java Development
- .NET Development
- Perl, PHP, Python & Ruby
- Desktop Integration
- APIs and Integrations
- Visual Workflow
- Apple, Mac and OS X
- VB and Office Development
- AppExchange Directory & Packaging
- Salesforce Labs & Open Source Projects
- Other Salesforce Applications
- Jobs Board
12-13-2012 01:18 PM
Can Approval Processes be written so that a person, who is not an active user in salesforce, still recieve Approval Requets through email and approve or reject them triggering the next step?
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-13-2012 11:36 PM
NO says my experience. Though you can send emails through workflow to some email address, but if they click on the approve/reject link they will not be able to approve it.
To support my statement, the doc - https://help.salesforce.com/htviewhelpdoc?id=appro
Who can approve requests?Requests can be approved or rejected by any of the following:
- A user or queue that the approval request submitter chooses.
- A queue specified by the administrator.
- A user listed in the Manager standard field on the submitter's user detail page.
- A user listed in a custom hierarchy field on the submitter's user detail page.
- Any combination of users and related users (users listed in a standard or custom field on the submitted record) specified by the administrator.
Let me know if this helps.
12-14-2012 09:40 AM
Thanks for the response.
What is a queue and how does it work in approvals?
Also what about portal users? Would there be a way to grant them access through a portal. They would update a field through an email sent to them and then have a workflow based on that field that automatically approves?
12-16-2012 08:05 PM