- General Development
- Schema Development
- Apex Code Development
- Visualforce Development
- Formulas & Validation Rules
- Force.com Sites & Site.com
- Chatter Development
- Java Development
- .NET Development
- Perl, PHP, Python & Ruby
- Desktop Integration
- APIs and Integrations
- Visual Workflow
- Apple, Mac and OS X
- VB and Office Development
- AppExchange Directory & Packaging
- Salesforce Labs & Open Source Projects
- Other Salesforce Applications
- Jobs Board
10-29-2012 05:36 AM - edited 10-29-2012 07:17 AM
I have some questions regarding cost of developing an application using Force.com as a platform instead of some other. This site will need to lookup SalesForce data for some of its functions and reports. Specifically my questions are:
- If I have 5 developers working on an application called XYZ using Force.com, how many Force.Com licenses would I need to purchase for such development work and of what type should those licenses be? How many SalesForce.com licenses should I need to buy?
- Can I reuse those same licenses for the testing phase later?
- If my XYZ application needs to pull some data off SalesForce then do I need one additional SalesForce license or do I need to get one license per login/user that my site XYZ would have?
- If my XYZ application has 10 internal users who are site administrators for XYZ and 200 external users who generally use the site, then how many licenses do I need to buy of Force.com and how many of SalesForce?
- If I want to develop and deploy an application on Force.com that uses SalesForce data will it be sufficient if I only use one Platform license for accessing SF data between all the developers who are working on the Force platform using their Force.Com developer licenses?
- Once development is complete how many platform licenses will the application deployed on Force.com need to serve n number of users accessing the website?
- Once development is complete how many platform licenses will the application deployed on our own hosting provider and not Force.com need to serve n number of users accessing the website ?
Im not sure if this is the right place to ask questions of this type, so incase there is a better place can the moderator move my questions there?