- General Development
- Schema Development
- Apex Code Development
- Visualforce Development
- Formulas & Validation Rules
- Force.com Sites & Site.com
- Chatter Development
- Java Development
- .NET Development
- Perl, PHP, Python & Ruby
- Desktop Integration
- APIs and Integrations
- Visual Workflow
- Apple, Mac and OS X
- VB and Office Development
- AppExchange Directory & Packaging
- Salesforce Labs & Open Source Projects
- Other Salesforce Applications
- Jobs Board
10-22-2012 08:24 AM
I have been looking through the various Chatter documents on the Salesforce website and been having a play, but I can't find a definite answer.
If I set up a Chatter feed on an Account, is there any way that I can be immediately notified that a change has been made to that account?
As far as I can see, I have to refresh the Chatter home page, rather than being notified in the "Chat" window.
10-23-2012 05:15 AM
1. When Chatter Feed was Enabled on Account, you can see the Chatter embedded on every Account Record.
2. When Feed Tracking is enabled for the fields on Account like Account Owner, Industry, Parent Account etc., and when a user changes any of these field values in Account, and clicking the Save button, Chatter Posts will be made by that user automatically with information like
a) Field which was changed
b) Old Value of the Field
c) New Value of the Field
d) User who made the change and the Time of change.
3. These Feed Tracking will only be displayed in the records and in the User Chatter Home Page and they are not linked to the Chat window which is used as Messenger to communicate between users
However, you ll be getting email alerts or digest mails based on your settings in your org.
Please mark this post as solved, if it helps you.
Salesforce For All