- General Development
- Schema Development
- Apex Code Development
- Visualforce Development
- Formulas & Validation Rules
- Force.com Sites & Site.com
- Chatter Development
- Java Development
- .NET Development
- Perl, PHP, Python & Ruby
- Desktop Integration
- APIs and Integrations
- Visual Workflow
- Apple, Mac and OS X
- VB and Office Development
- AppExchange Directory & Packaging
- Salesforce Labs & Open Source Projects
- Other Salesforce Applications
- Jobs Board
12-19-2012 01:01 AM
As i am new to the Trialforce setup i am bit confused in some of the things,could any of one will guide me up.
1). I have requested for the Trialforce Management Org,through partner portal,they requested me to give DE org Id.
So i have forward them my DE org ID,is that correct or not?
2). Once i am done when salesforce provide me the credentials for the TMO.As per the documentation i need to install the app init.Does it faciliates Custom Profiles,Site and Customer portal.
3). How much time does it take to Pass the security review process of the TrialForce.
4). When any user goes for Test Drive from the appexchange ,does the leads will come up in TMO or the Business org (In which LMA is installed).
12-19-2012 08:34 AM
1. I would recommend that you provision a new Partner Developer Edition org via the Partner Portal (www.salesforce.com/partnerportal) to start. That will be your Trialforce Management Org.
2. Once provisioned, log a case in the Partner Portal and request that DE org to be your Trialforce Management org (or provide that in your existing case as the de org id).
3. Once the case is closed, there will be a new Trialforce area exposed under Setup. This is where you can turn on Trialforce Branding if you want to leverage that.
4. From there, you can also create Source Orgs. These are EE trials where you will want to install your managed package, create any demo data, and ultimately configure the ideal trial experience for your prospects.
4a. If you need additional features and/or licenses provisioned in that source org, please log a case in the partner portal to request that.
5. Once you are done configuring the Source org, create a Trialforce Template under Setup -> Trialforce. You will receive an email when the template is created with a template id. Something like OTT.....
6. Log a case in the Partner Portal and provide the template id. In return you will get HTML which includes a FORM POST to be used to provision the trial. You will also be provided a few parameters to include in that FORM POST such a formName and a few other key parameters.
7. At this point, you need to simply put that HTML FORM POST on the web page where you want to expose the free trial sign up.
The lead generated from a user accesing your Test Drive will generate a Lead in your Business Org (where LMA is installed). It also depends if you've enabled that to generate leads which is configurable in your Appexchange listing.
I hope this helps.
12-26-2012 10:16 PM
12-27-2012 07:44 AM
It depends who you are targetting, but you have options. Since you want someone to contact you before installing, you should select the "Contact your company" option in the Appexchange.
Why do you want the customer to contact you first? I highly recommend enabling a free trial option using Trialforce. Once they provision a trial, you will get a lead and license record created in real-time within your License Management Application (LMA) and therefore can reach out immediately to talk to the prospect.
Ultimately you can enable "Get It Now" installs from the Appexchange, free trials on the Appexchange, and free trials from your website. They are not mutually exclusive. You can leverage all options.
01-01-2013 05:54 AM
Installed the app in the TMO and created an Trial Template,linked with the appexchange with TMO credentials.But could not find the trial template.Getting this error when i clicked on the Trial Template i am getting this error:
"Please correct the following error(s):
We've encountered a problem with one or more of your trial templates. Please log a case in the Salesforce.com Partner Portal so that we can assist you."